What’s it about?
This half-day course will give you the confidence that your minutes are a professional, accurate and readable summary of a meeting. Through discussion and exercises we will:
- debunk and demystify the whole minute-writing process looking at the techniques needed before, during and after the meeting; and
- give you some simple checklists and tips to ensure you have the skills to deliver impressive minutes.
Please have a think in advance about what you’d like to get out of the session. You can, for example, bring a sample of your minutes along, if you’d like to, and we will give you feedback on them.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants the confidence of knowing that they have the skills to be an effective minute-taker.
What does it cover?
- The purpose of minutes
- Your role as a minute-taker, and your relationship with the chair
- Preparing for the meeting
- Producing an agenda
- Attending the meeting and taking notes
- Active listening
- Writing up the minutes
- Six principles of good writing style
- Following up