What’s it about?
Mistakes in grammar and punctuation are embarrassing, create a poor impression and can cost your business money. This course will fill the gaps in your knowledge and boost your confidence. Our personal approach will give you answers to all your questions. In a half-day session we will:
- ensure you know the key grammatical terms
- clarify many tricky areas
- debunk some myths
- sort out your punctuation and spelling
Who should attend?
This course is for you if you:
- need to write clearly and professionally
- perhaps wish your school had placed more emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation
- lack confidence in your written work
- worry about the impression you create with that work
- would like a refresher to ensure that your knowledge is up to date
What does it cover?
- Why correct grammar and punctuation matter
- Key grammatical terms
- Clearing up common confusions
- Commas, apostrophes, hyphens and other punctuation
- Use of capital letters
We reinforce every topic by giving participants plenty of practice. We recognise that this is a sensitive area for some people so, unusually for us, we’ve made all the exercises individual rather than in groups. We won’t put you on the spot, and it won’t be like being back at school. We will demystify everything and put it into a business context, but without using too much jargon. You’ll take away a handy grammar guide that summarises everything you’ve learnt.
The course is normally a half-day session but we can split it into two shorter modules.
What do others say about the course?
“The most informative, engaging and helpful training session that I have been on for years. It was clearly presented and there was an excellent balance in being given exercises to complete, without feeling threatened, and being given clear guidance by the presenter. The notes were excellent too. It is really helpful to have additional materials to refer to.” (Senior associate, international firm)
“A great reminder of punctuation points I had forgotten, or never knew” (Law firm senior associate)
“Told me lots I didn’t know. Should be compulsory. We have made it so for our team.” (Law firm compliance team)
“Cathy is a fantastic trainer and is always very enthusiastic about the content. She explains things very well and the course is relevant and easy to understand” (Trainee, global firm)
“The pace was excellent; we kept moving throughout. It was also nicely broken up with exercises, but no one felt under pressure to get the answers right, which facilitated a comfortable working/ learning environment. “(Associate)